Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wayde Is Homeless Tonight

Just in case you doubt me about Wildrose Alliance candidate for Highlands-Norwood Wayde Lever's ability to march to his own drum, tonight I have proof.

At the present moment, Lever is literally sleeping under the stars at Edmonton's Telus Field, as part of the Youth Emergency Shelter's Homeless For A Night fundraiser.

How do you sleep comfortably in a wheelchair, and in the middle of a baseball diamond no less?

I will have to ask him and get back to you on that. I do know that when I tried something similar in an overnight Garth Brooks ticket line, my back was killing me by 9AM.

And I know that such an undertaking as Wayde's tonight takes dedication.

Your Partner in Life

1 comment:

  1. Wayde is a man I have a great deal of respect for and that grows every day. Some gain respect with words but Mr Lever does it with actions. I am very proud to say he is a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete