Monday, January 2, 2012

A KFC New Year's

Last year at Christmas, we didn't get our days straight for the big Hebert family get-together.

This year, we got the day straight a week in advance.

So today, sister and brother-in-law got KFC.

Dad and Aunt Louise also got KFC.

The result?

A very plentiful feast suitable for the combined casts of Immortals and Game of Thrones.

Chicken, chicken and more chicken.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love my chicken.

Little Penelope was the star.

She saw KFC red.

She saw Pepsi blue.

But alas, as she hits the cereal milestone next month...

...she could only look, not touch or (sigh) eat.

Poor Penelope!

She could only hungrily eye Auntie Shawna's coleslaw as she sat on Auntie Shawna's lap.

And I almost dipped a fry into my Pepsi, I was having so much fun.

The raging debate around the table:

Is there actual tea in iced tea?

We didn't think so.

I didn't take any pop home down my shirt or at my back.

Dad will be eating leftovers for a week.

Happy New Year everyone!

Your Partner In Life

1 comment: