Friday, November 14, 2014

You Can't Get Blood From A Stone...Or A Disabled Person

I know this sounds incredible...

....but it is absolutely true.

I know of two disabled individuals, both of whom were more than happy to contribute their blood.

And were told they couldn't.

The reason why?

They couldn't transfer from their chairs to a bed.

Come on now!

Really?

A lot of disabled people are shy about contributing to anything, or feel that they won't make a difference by doing so.

Giving blood is the perfect opportunity to make a difference!

And I know there are solutions to this, other than a transfer!

I know because I get my blood taken about once a month.

In my room.

In my chair.

So there must be a way to gather blood in a similar fashion.

Come on, Canadian Blood Services!

It's in you to give Alberta's disabled community this opportunity!





Your Partner In Life



No comments:

Post a Comment