Friday, January 14, 2011

Just to Clarify...

Thank you everyone who responded to my last post. I was deeply touched, and I truly do appreciate it. Based on the comments, I just want to clear up a few things:

1) As tight with its purse strings as the Alberta government is, it does not only pay me only $315, though I certainly understand how you could arrive at that conclusion based on how I worded my challenge. I receive $1965 modified AISH because my building runs on the Designated Assisted Living program, and my rent is $1650. The $315 is what is left over after the rent is paid. I pay my Internet bill, then I decide if I can afford toilet paper, shaving cream, and a $84 bus pass or three bus ticket books. Believe me, if the government only paid me $315, I think I would stage a production of Oliver! on the Legislature steps! Thanks to Loretta for reminding me to choose my words more carefully. Best of luck to you!

2) To Melanie, a candidate who wanted to know if she was supposed to run a household or a government on $315 per month, it was meant to be a household. Let's say a family of four, with food, clothing, school fees, dental visits and and the like, just to make things interesting. Thanks Melanie, and best of luck to you!

Thanks also to Joe Albertan, whose blog can be found at www.joealbertan.blogspot.com. Joe tirelessly chronicles the many blunders of our leaders. He was kind enough to link my "Some Simple Math" and "MLA Challenge" posts on his blog. Along the way, he has offered much support and encouragement. Thanks friend, I appreciate it. Keep up the great work Joe, way to go!

Your Partner In Life


No comments:

Post a Comment