Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Kingdom For A (Pay) Phone

Not that I'm in a ranting mood this morning or anything, but here's something else that REALLY bugs me whenever I'm out: the almost complete and utter lack of payphones now in malls and other public places.

I know, I know...time to complete my transition to the digital revolution already. And you'd think I would, but those that know me well know why I haven't yet. I'll even give you a hint: a baptized cordless phone's journey from countertop to toilet, all the while  cheerily beeping its We Will Rock You ringtone.

I know I'll eventually probably have to get one. I'm not suggesting we hold hands and go back to the early 80's (though I really do miss Flavor King Corner at Bonnie Doon Mall...remember those great burgers?) All I am asking for is one or two pay phones in prominent, accessible places. Is that too much to ask?

Your Partner in Life

No comments:

Post a Comment