Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pin Pad Perils

It often occurs to me, as I go to places like restaurants, drugstores, and for the occasional cuppa joe (little bit of Humphrey Bogart there), that the pin pads that I and other disabled people use to pay for our purchases often aren't very accessible to us at all. They are tethered to their immediate locations and tilted at such an angle that it is almost impossible to read the screen. We have to yell "I can't see what I'm doing! I can't see what I'm doing! Which button do I hit" And then, when we finally figure it out...the pin pad times out!

Come on, Alberta! There must be some enterprising entrepreneur in this innovative province with a solution! Here's some I have come up with:

1) A swivel mount for the base.
2) A glare-resistant screen viewable from any angle.
3) A totally wireless handheld system.

What do you think?

Your Partner in Life

No comments:

Post a Comment